Dental and Eye Problems

Dental Problems

If you have an urgent dental problem such as toothache or a dental abscess
you should see a dentist NOT your GP

If you have a regular dentist you should telephone them and arrange an urgent appointment. If they are closed there should be an answer phone message with the phone number of the local dentist covering emergencies.

If you have trouble getting through call NHS 111.

Finding an NHS Dentist

If you need help finding an NHS dentist, or have toothache, trauma or swelling, call the Dental Advice Line;

If you live or work in Stoke-on-Trent, Newcastle-under-Lyme or Staffordshire Moorlands, call: 0300 123 0981

If you live or work in any other area of Staffordshire, call: 01283 505845

Oral Health Foundation

Advice is available from dental advisors regarding all dental problems from the Oral Health Foundation.

Eye Problems

If you have an eye problem, Opticians are now able to offer a service to enable them to see you if you encounter an eye problem and they can review you using the correct examination equipment. You should contact your local Optician if you require to be seen and they will be able to arrange an appointment for you.

NHS Choices