Website Cookies Policy
(2) About cookies:
Cookies are files, often including unique identifiers, that are sent by web servers to web browsers, and which may then be sent back to the server each time the browser requests a page from the server.
Cookies can be used by web servers to identity and track users as they navigate different pages on a website, and to identify users returning to a website.
Cookies may be either “persistent” cookies or “session” cookies. A persistent cookie consists of a text file sent by a web server to a web browser, which will be stored by the browser and will remain valid until its set expiry date (unless deleted by the user before the expiry date). A session cookie, on the other hand, will expire at the end of the user session, when the web browser is closed.
(3) This Cookies Policy:
(4) Cookies on this Website:
We use both session cookies and persistent cookies on this website.
We may send to you the following cookies:
(1) penkridgemedicalpractice.nhs.uk: fe_hc
(2) penkridgemedicalpractice.nhs.uk: cookie_policy
(3) penkridgemedicalpractice.nhs.uk: PHPSESSID
Cookies 1 and 2 are persistent cookies, cookie 3 is a session cookie.
Cookies do not contain any information that personally identifies you, but personal information that we store about you may be linked, by us, to the information stored in and obtained from cookies.
We may use the information we obtain from your use of our cookies for the following purposes:
(1) set your preferred colour scheme for this website;
(2) to enable the captcha security image to work on various on-line forms;
(4) Enables the 'Auto-complete' feature on our Repeat Prescriptions ordering application to remember the details from your last visit;
(6) Third Party Cookies:
This website does not send third-party cookies.
(7) Blocking Cookies:
Most browsers allow you to refuse to accept cookies. For example:
(1) in Internet Explorer you can refuse all cookies by clicking “Tools”, “Internet Options”, “Privacy”, and selecting “Block all cookies” using the sliding selector;
(2) in Firefox you can block all cookies by clicking “Tools”, “Options”, and un-checking “Accept cookies from sites” in the “Privacy” box.
Blocking all cookies will, however, have a negative impact upon the usability of many websites. If you block cookies, you will not be able to use the 'Auto-Complete' Repeat Prescriptions feature on this website.
(8) Deleting Cookies:
You can also delete cookies already stored on your computer:
(1) in Internet Explorer, you must manually delete cookie files;
(2) in Firefox, you can delete cookies by, first ensuring that cookies are to be deleted when you “clear private data” (this setting can be changed by clicking “Tools”, “Options” and “Settings” in the “Private Data” box) and then clicking “Clear private data” in the “Tools” menu.
Obviously, doing this may have a negative impact on the usability of many websites.
(9) Contact Us:
This website is operated by Penkridge Medical Practice.
If you have any questions about our cookies or this Cookies Policy, please contact our Practice Manager at our postal address, which can be found here.